Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What the hell is that thing

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
On weekdays, I dont have any time to build anything out in my shop. But I still manage to pop in from time to time and sort of plan out projects I want to work on come Saturday. Somehow, just being in the shop helps me to think a bit more creatively. I might just pick up a few chunks of scraps and start "assembling" them into something. Plus I just like to putter around, maybe clean up a bit.

I save more crap than you can imagine. Today I decided to crack open one of my ancient coffee cans of stuff. Maybe something there would inspire me.

Well, lets see. Theres the lamp plug that looks like Thomas Edison designed. One plastic caster wheel. A tail light bulb from a car I probably sold 20 years ago. An eraser that still has the smiley face I drew on it in 6th grade. It no longer erases. A 12" length of chain. A couple of enormous wing-type toggle bolts. Just the wing parts...the bolts dont fit.

And this:


This is a connector to a Coca-Cola Machine I have left over from when I was 18 and did maintenance work for a chain of movie theaters. WTF? Why in the world do we keep this stuff? What kind of bizarre things are in your shop?

Then again, someday I may want to build some sort of lighted soda dispenser that can be rolled around on one wheel. I better put everything back in the can.

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment